Weekend News Anchor - Part Time - Tampa, FL
With 243 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
News Radio 970 WFLA Tampa Bay is looking for a part-time news anchor. Must be an aggressive self-starter who can hit the ground running, love big breaking news, write conversationally, and stay on top of social media. Must be able to write short, tight copy, adlib well, anchor short form newscasts or long form event coverage when necessary, interact with talk show hosts and news anchors live, and understand news coverage in the digital/social media age.
· Ability to edit digital audio, write compelling news stories and update our website are needed along with excellent news judgment to serve our news audience.
· Collect relevant news from external contacts that are primarily standard in nature.
· Superior on-air skills are needed.
· Applicant must be able to work weekends and back up weekday shifts as needed
· Prepare and anchor newscasts during times determined by station needs.
· Develop and produce local interest “feature”.
· Use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing.
· Follow FCC and station procedures regarding FCC license, on-air responsibilities and maintenance of program and transmitter logs.
· High School Diploma; College degree preferred.
· Formal training in radio broadcasting and two years related experience and/or training.
· Ability to operate on-air control board, reel to reel tape recorder and remote broadcast equipment.
· Must be a fast learner and self-starter capable of doing more than one thing at a time.
· Adobe Audition and RCS News experience a plus.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
· Valid driver’s license.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
TAMPA, Florida, United States