With so much of our attention focused on the effects of Hurricane Sandy and the East Coast’s rebuilding efforts, we feel a bit funny talking nip slips and boy band coifs. Still, the show must go on. There are plenty of ways to lend a hand to the relief, and we have aimed to bring you all the best content to distract from the news, despite the unusual circumstances. Whether you were glued to the television, mesmerized by Mayor Bloomberg’s interpreter, or without power, we’ve got a guide to what you may have missed, asking—and answering—the other important questions.
1. WHAT HAPPENED TO BEYONCÉ AND JAY-Z DURING HURRICANE SANDY?
As residents of Lower Manhattan, chances are Jay and Bey lost power at their Tribeca pad on Monday night. Were they crashing with Solange in Brooklyn? Did a helicopter transport them to a safe haven filled with hot water, cable and next season’s House of Dereon samples? Was Blue Ivy’s first blackout carefully documented in preparation for Tumblr posting? Likely as a distraction technique, The Carters joined Jay’s pal Russell Crowe in the safe zone (uptown baby, uptown) at Cipriani 42 Street for a star-studded Halloween party on Wednesday night.
Leo, jay Z, Beyonce, Jonah, Dita, what a room, Cipriani 42nd St, amazing space, explodes on Halloween— Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) November 1, 2012
Even the Gladiator is in awe each time he sees Beyoncé in the flesh. As power was slowly restored to downtown Manhattan, Bey and Jay were also spotted courtside at the Brooklyn Nets season opener at the Barclays Center on Saturday night.
2. HOW ARE OTHER CELEBRITIES RESPONDING?
3. WHAT DOES AARON CARTER THINK ABOUT ALL OF THIS?
4. HOW ARE THE LAKERS DOING NOW THAT THE NBA SEASON IS UNDERWAY?
Kobe Bryant and Co. are surprisingly winless thus far, even with the likes of Katy Perry and Zac Efron cheering them on at home. Additional NBA talking points: Linsanity is alive and well in Houston and Tony Parker can still beat you, and make it hurt. A lot.
5. WHAT DID CHRIS BROWN’S “HALLOWEEN COSTUME” LOOK LIKE?
6. HOW MANY COPIES OF RED DID TAYLOR SWIFT SELL?
7. SO SHE WON GOBS OF GOLDEN STATUES AT THE CMAS, RIGHT?
8. HOW DOES CHRIS KIRKPATRICK FEEL ABOUT BEING SNUBBED BY JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE?
Not that bad! Engagement parties are way more fun than lavish Italian wedding ceremonies anyway.
9. WHO IS NE-YO VOTING FOR?
10. HOW DID ONE DIRECTION DEAL WITH THE BACKLASH TO THEIR NEW SONG, “LITTLE THINGS”?
With divisive lyrics some feel are condescending and problematic for their younger female fans,1D’s music video hopes to distract you from all this with deep, steely gazes and surprising guitar skills.