This year has been a tremendous for many musicians in the rap industry. Lucky for us, Vibe has compiled a list of some of the Biggest Power Moves Made by Rappers in 2012, going beyond just laying down tracks.
Check out what they came up with:
- 50 Cent got his boxing promoter's license in Nevada, which allows him to create events through his SMS promo company.
- Nicki Minaj signed a deal -- reportedly for $12 million -- a few months ago to be a judge on American Idol's next season. The show premieres on January 16th.
- Rick Ross snagged a deal with Reebok to be one of the sneaker company's new faces starting in March.
- Drake inked a deal with Warner Brothers that allows him to release artists on his OVO through the company.
- Swizz Beatz was named the Global Ambassador for the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation in September.
- Diddy revealed his music-themed cable network, Revolt. The channel launches in January.
Photo Credit Getty Images